How to use Sony PlayStation Network
PlayStation Network (PSN) è un servizio online che ti permette di moltiplicare il divertimento con la tua console. Per accedere a PSN, devi disporre di un account e una connessione Internet.
2022-11-27, by Uri J. Nachimson
, Book author
#PlayStation 5 ||
#Gift cards ||
Table of contents:
What is PSN?
PlayStation Network has been active since November 2006 and is a constantly updated platform. It is the service offered by Sony to play games online, communicate with friends and family around the world and explore the web. Unlike the PS2 online service, where each developer was left to manage their own network infrastructure, with the PSN everything is managed by Sony. The PSN uses the user's broadband connection and provides a range of services relevant to the PlayStation community worldwide.
The services available differ according to territory, the main ones currently available in Finland are:
- The ability to play multiplayer games with the rest of the users subscribed to the service, as well as compare one's own trophy list.
- An online shop called PlayStation Store which is regularly updated and where it is possible to download applications, buy and/or rent films, trailers, themes, music, video games, demos, mini-games and additional game elements.
- A chat/video chat system to communicate with a list of friends, also allowing attachments such as pictures, music, videos and game data to be sent to each other. Using PlayStation Eye or PlayStation Camera, it is also possible to hold video conferences with other users.
- A browser derived from Opera and based on WebKit with which to surf the web.
- Customise consoles with themes, wallpapers, avatars, etc.
- Make console updates and download game patches.
- Share Play functionality: online co-operative play feature, allowing you to invite a friend into your game, via remote control, even if they don't own a copy of the title (compatible with PlayStation 4 only).
- PlayLink functionality (only compatible with PlayStation 4).
- PlayStation Now (cloud gaming service).
- PlayStation Plus paid service with saving games on the cloud platform.
- In March 2021, Sony announced the end of its digital content sales service for some of its older platforms (namely the PSP, PS Vita and PlayStation 3): the virtual shop is scheduled to close on 2 July 2021, but the company has assured that, although after this date it will no longer be possible to purchase new games or expansions or activate any type of video game content, users will still be able to re-download and use the software previously purchased and present in their digital collection. However, following complaints from users, Sony stated on 20 April that the digital shop will be closed for PlayStation Portable only, remaining active and accessible from PS3 and PS Vita devices.
How much do I pay for PlayStation Network?
If you are a new user, your PlayStation Plus subscription is free for 14 days, otherwise it costs €8.99 for one month, €24.99 for 3 months or €59.99 for 12 months.
What can I do on PSN?
- Play games on the Internet with other people.
- Chat and send messages to other people.
- Share videos and pictures and watch videos and pictures of other players.
- Buy and download or stream new games.
What is the PSN Card?
The PlayStation Network Card is a prepaid card used to purchase PS3, PS4, PSP and PlayStation Vita content from PlayStation Store. Check the actual price here PSN gift card Finland.
How much does PS 6 cost?
How much does PS 6 cost? The cost of PS6 varies depending on the edition purchased. The Standard Edition costs $59.99, the Digital Deluxe Edition $79.99 and the Ultimate Edition $99.99.